Saturday, August 14, 2004

Satyameva Jayate

All I did to celebrate this Independence day was "Clear History" of my browser.Anyways here is a little something that echoes my feelings for the dear nation :

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow
domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the
dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought
and action--
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
-- Rabindranath Tagore

3 comments:

G Shrivastava said...

Hola - since we're busy volleying thanks , Thanks for complimenting my wisdom. You must be pretty astute yourself, to have recognised it so soon ;-)

Now that I've said that - I must say I hadn't the faintest clue what "Apoptosis" is - you should have given some more info!

Paddy said...

Yeah! As long as no one drops volleys are fine.

BTW did you check out the comment listed for your "Republic Of Love" post.

The ante post is about explaining what apoptosis means.Please read the complete for information and let me know if you still need info.

G Shrivastava said...

Well I guess I shud have left the comment for Apoptosis in the Apoptosis blog - I meant more info than that also. It kinda feels insufficient - but I guess I'll read up on the internet. Your blog served to pique my interest!

Read your comment for "The Republic of Love" - must say you've not only read up alot, you have also managed to retain alot of what you've read! :) Have seen "Before Sunrise" - ages ago! Oliver Wendell Holmes - haha I'd forgotten that quote! Thx for bringing it back to surface level! Cheers!