Monday, December 12, 2005

Strong-Strong

Thats literally the translation of the name of a fish called "Mahi Mahi". Finally after some aeons, I had finished my lunch plate. While by no means striking to an outside observer, I have never enjoyed lunch dishes very much and simply try these dishes while making conversations. The end result is always the same. I never will finish my complete plate whereas the the folks around me usually lap it up pretty nicely.I kinda wished my lunch would be that way but never had that satisfaction. I usually found it convenient to categorise myself as a 'thair-saadam' boy( google thair saadam (a space between r and s is required) and see what comes up first, just like googling pwlah gives another blogger a similar rank). So for me today's lunch is an achievement of sorts : finishing the plate and that too made of fish. God save the species of mahi mahi now.

I finally have 36 hours to go before I catch a flight back home to India. Though not as excited as I should be ( I can attribute that to my burning out these days.) a vacation is of dire neccessity to me now. Its gonna be a fun trip with mumbai, bangalore and hyderabad in the circuit. In the midst of the excitement popped a lurking fear that I might be lost in a city like mumbai. Suddenly imagining myself in that 'maximum city', I kinda twitched and thank goodness for friends like Murali, who is close enough to host me till I get the work done. So strange that I get to become like this. A proper week of touring around the country should cure me. A lot of volleys on subjects like career, marriage, etc. need to be fielded with assorted folks.Hmm..The humdrum..Speaking of career, here's a little advice from the sage of omaha himself:

Q: What is your career advice?

A: If you want to make a lot of money go to Wall Street. More importantly though, do what you would do for free, having passion for what you do is the most important thing. I love what I do; I'm not even that busy. I got a total of five phone calls all day yesterday and one of them was a wrong number. Ms. B from NFM had passion, that's why she was successful. A few months ago I was talking to another MBA student, a very talented man, about 30 years old from a great school with a great resume. I asked him what he wanted to do for his career, and he replied that he wanted to go into a particular field, but thought he should work for McKinsey for a few years first to add to his resume. To me that's like saving sex for your old age. It makes no sense.


************************************************************

So I take it that he is simply saying "Live Life King Size". Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish life was this easy but at the end we all know that it is not practical. All the best in your trip home and I take it that Mahi-Mahi is your faviourite dish.

Anonymous said...

Safe trip my friend. Hope all is well at home. And with your future plans. The boys in SDI send their best as well.

G Shrivastava said...

Bon voyage, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year dude...hope the trip is everything you want it to be, and very less of what you don't want it to be ;-)