Sunday, October 01, 2006

For the Cuckoo Flew

As the fresh fall wind blew
Am wondering if there is any bru
between me and you
flowing through the rouge rue

If so, throw me a clue
that embeds your view
lest my thoughts turn black and blue
and that should my mind slew

I'll be here, praying on a pew
with every nerve and sinew
waiting to hear that music new

Recently read Vonnegut's "Man without a Country" (coutesy of Hirak) in which he says

Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy one. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something


The above verse is such an attempt. You dont need to buy the book, please go the local library to check out this book and as as a bonus you get to see what kind of community you are living in .

No comments: