Friday, June 13, 2008

The Soul of a Network

If you havent read The Soul of a New Machine, its a must read for everyone involved in the technology sector. Similar to that vein, I think I have a "shard" of the soul of a network in me.
I dont mourn but rejoice because I take it in the spirit of The Ballad of Reading Gaol

Some kill their love when they are young,

  And some when they are old;
Some strangle with the hands of Lust,
  Some with the hands of Gold:
The kindest use a knife, because
  The dead so soon
grow cold.

Some love too little, some too long,
  Some sell, and others buy;
Some do the deed with many tears,
  And some without a sigh:
For each man kills the thing he loves,
  Yet each man does not die.


 The network thats laid to rest named after an anagram of the word "intel" as its first location of establishment was the Fairchild Semiconductor. As Mary Queen of Scots last phrase goes : En ma Fin gît mon Commencement ("In my end is my beginning"). 

No comments: