Monday, August 17, 2009

Independence Blues

Well, August 15 was here recently :-) Being outside the country makes it extra special, so we bought a cake and all that hungama. Sang Vande Mataram (which my folks said they cannot remember the lyrics yet hummed with me all along..see..somethings you never forget)..Cut the cake..then sang jana gana mana..took the flag on the street and paraded for a while (some having open containers of alcohol forced us to get back quickly..) . Then started usual discussions..

Finally, after rummaging through my quarters of the mind, I believe this song is the best ode to freedom in modern day.




While the lyrics seem to be inspired by Shelley's Ode to a Skylark I repurposed them in my mind to suit Freedom as a metaphor. Go India! You need to stretch your wings further and fly higher

No comments: