Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Am I Glad to be back or What?

"Is where you are staying or what you are doing in essence what you long to do?"
Someone asked me that question in an electronic correspondence a few months back. Today, I can authoritatively say "Yes!". Now, that I am back from vacation I have so many folks glad to see me. A few gave me bearhugs, a few faces lit up and one person asked to marry me. All in all, I cannot ask for a better workplace. Its not all about money (albeit that helps) but about how much do you look forward to go to work when you wake up. Have an excellent company where it is more like a community now than ever. Not many can boast of a manager who is willing to fly halfway across the world for a trivial matter of the heart or ask you to take off a couple of days just so that you can be refreshed. Not many a place would welcome you with its heart and give you a heroes welcome (even though one is not) the way these guys did. Now, after 7 years of being transit, I think I found my home to be here in California.

You know that I care
what happens to you
And I know that you care
for me too
So I don't feel alone,
or the weight of the stone
Now that I've found somewhere safe
to bury my bone
And any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter from pigs on the wing

ps: mind you the care has to be said in an accept much similar to "yaarport" in referring to "airport". So care must be read something like "cyaar"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey MAn, Its great to see you in good spirits. Am sure this is one of the reasons one goes to friends also. You get a Heros welcome either way.. Results dont matter only effort matters. Good to see that you have put in the effort and that is all that counts for us.

Atleast some fine day we dont need to sit down with a drink and reminsince about "What if I had put in the effort?". Now we can have a drink once more and talk about " Where else can I put in the effort?"

Chill Madi and enjoy..