Thursday, June 07, 2007

A New Wave

Back in the day, with enough randomization in their process, I was interviewing for an admission to a major B-school admission located in Bangalore.After the GD and before the interview they asked us to answer a few questions (perhaps used for a psychograph of candidates). It went like this:

(a) Six adjectives to describe yourself
.
.

.
.
(g) Who is your role model?

For this I was kind of stumped. Never had to think of one till then but then my thoughts raced to determine two closely contested people. One personal and One whom I really admired. Then I was wondering should I tell them what they wanna hear (more like they cannot contest his other facets because he would be my cousin) or should I stick to my guns and tell them of this famous (atleast to certain demographic) fellow and expose myself to varied dissections of his personality (or worse, maybe I would project something I didnt have...)

Anyhow finally I answered Marc Andreessen. A few folks can claim to have written software that changed people's lives. Now, he is started a spanking new blog and I am excited to read his dispatches.(his article on personal productivity is great and the one on hiring is brilliant). Hope some of you might relate to this.

No comments: