Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Sense of Perspective

Choose your toss between

Friend: Do you know why the sun is round Charlie Brown?
CharlieBrown: No, I can't say that I do..
Friend: I think it would be more practical to have it shaped like a flourescent light
CharlieBrown: I don't know about that,But I do know one thing..
Friend: What's that?
CharlieBrown: It's too late to change it now!


--- or ----

"In The Periodic Table, Primo Levi tells a story that happened when he was working in a varnish factory. He was a chemist, and he was fascinated by the fact that the varnish recipe included a raw onion. What could it be for? No one knew; it was just part of the recipe. So he investigated, and eventually discovered that they had started throwing the onion in years ago to test the temperature of the varnish: if it was hot enough, the onion would fry."

No comments: