Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Winds of Change

Hmm.Its been a while since I blogged.Long weekends are always like that.Leacves you yearning for more vacation.I need one more vacation to recover from this one.Ther's been a heck of lot thats gonna change soon so I better blog it down.

Left for Dallas last Thursday to visit a Friend whose gonna be married soon.I returned back on Sunday only to hear that my roomie got engaged.What the heck is happening.Is there a mating season around that somebody forgot to tell me..

Anyways played volleyball after 10 years for almost 4 years.I still got my serve intact but have to practice spiking and my fingering.People out there seem to be too religious to me.Fairly cheap and low cost of living.Played a little tennis and some pool.Got drunk properly to the extent I was completely dehydrated that I was left in a state akin to that of a car'sengine being locked.I had to stop there at the club and ask my friend to drive me back home.Flew back while recuperating.

I come back to find another friend from NJ drop in.Now this fella came all the way and requested him to show something around DC.I drove him to harper's ferry,WV. Back to work again.

Coffee..The Jet Fuel of Corporate America keeps me chugging along.Meanwhile fouind Work so boring that I had to request my leader to assign me a different client and hinting probably a change of scene would help me.Au Contrarie, I was tasked to do extra work long enough to keep those depressing thoughts away into the wee hours and weekends.So much for that.

Its been ages since I played Golf.Gotta get back to it tommorow.Watched "Vanilla Sky" yesterday.Made me think a bit.Penelope Cruz is awesome.I finished another book called "When the Wizards Stay Up Late". Almost a must for anybody interested in the origins of the Internet.

I signed up for parking permit so that I could drive down to my work instead of car pooling.Vey few things can do to mankind what I-495 and I-66 can do.For that matter getting stuck in a Traffic Jam tells you a lot about who you are.I amall cussing and ready to beat up peoplewho cut me off.Had to listen to music to get me calmed down and relax. Very few places where you can see amputated souls on the road. I think a part of my soul too was missing when I got back home.

Ahh! That reminds me.I am back in school learning a lot of Math/CS stuff in a course called "Quantitative Methods and Experimental Design in CS" where you deal with questions like how many girlsyou have to propose before being accepted? Makes it a wee bit interesting..

Enough of my yapping.Let me rest so that I get to write something nice instead of the egotistical crap I wrote above..I leave with this find recollection :

The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell
For peace of mind
Let your balalaika sing
What my guitar wants to say

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me

No comments: