Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weather Overground


I live in a city like London where people carry umbrellas all the time and whats more today was wet and squishy and the city was worse than Mumbai. The only thing worse than weather is talking about it (because we cannot do anything about it) . However, my local barista believes in the power of positive thinking and tried to cheer me up on my afternoon coffee. It worked.

After a series of coincidences I discovered today was once again a Ratha Sapthami (that tropical plant I didnt mention was the following jilledu/erukku) which meant that in future Sun is closely inching towards the northern hemisphere. This actually means things can only get better in this cold,wet,damp,soggy and broken infrastructure city. Yay! We need more sun and I look forward to the change of its direction. But then, by March I shall squarely be back home among sunny climes where I can sing the Indigo girls like:


One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing
you spread your wings and take to the sky
But until that morning there is nothing can harm you
With your daddy and mommy standing by
They are standing by, I know, don't cry

Summertime, summertime, summertime
and the living is, living is easy
Fish are, I know the fish are jumping
and cotton is so high

No comments: