Monday, February 28, 2005

More Elevator Funkiness

I have a brand new addition to append to my earlier post on elevator funkiness. The last post was about the elevators in my old office. We have moved into new premises where everything is spanking new and have seen the new elevators run with smoothness (The richness of a recorded woman's voice telling you "Going Up" or "Going Down" status was considerably admired)

Now, As Usual I came up to my office and pressed the button for my floor.A red LED on the 5th floor told me that the elevator was happy to serve my choice. A stop at the Second floor made it felt the need to be selective about memory. I mean there were 4 people in the elevator who needed to refresh the elevator's memory by repressing the switches for their respective floors.

Third floor shows up because somebody wanted to get out and again the elevator turns off all the LED lights (the only interface used to assure us that it is working). We needed to do our thing again.

We all came to the conclusion(hope you'll agree) that Alzheimer's Disease is not restrcited to humans alone.Sigh!

2 comments:

gvenum said...

And so continues your Elevator woes.... Look at this way..atleast it served as nice fodder for a blog post.

Hey what ever happenned with the VP(E)interview and the job?

Paddy said...

[venu] Yeah! You are an optimist.I will consider that.

The job is currently is "monies" discussion stage. I should know by the end of the day(PST) today.Thanks for asking.